- Change The Site Name, Tagline, Logo, and Favicon
- Create A Menu + Link It To The Nav Menu Widget
- Replace Demo Content
- Link Popups Where Needed
The Site Identity
Navigate to Site Settings > Site Identity. Here you can change the name of your site, the tagline, the logo, and the favicon.
Editing The Site Name And Tagline
- Site Name: Enter the name of your website in the field
- Site Description: Enter a tagline for your website in the field
Adding The Logo
To add a logo to your imported Kit, you may assign it by uploading your logo in the Site Identity settings. It will then be used for the header and footer of your website when the Site Logo Widget is used. You may use jpg, png, and gif file types.
- Site Logo: Use the media tool to choose an image from your media library or upload from your computer. This will be used by the Site Logo widget and other site functions
- Site Favicon: The favicon is used in the browser as the tiny icon located at at the top of the tab. Use the media tool to choose an image from your media library or upload from your computer.
Note: SVGs may be used if previously uploaded to the media library. You must also define a size in the style tab of your Site Logo Widget.
Creating The Menu
At this time, the Site Kit does not automatically create your Navigation Menu. You will need to create your own menu from the WordPress dashboard located at Appearance > Menus or from the Customizer.
Creating A Menu With The Customizer
From the top Admin Bar of your website, or from Dashboard > Appearance choose to enter the Customizer. For this example we will be using the Hello Theme. Select the Menus accordion here:
- Click the Create New Menu button
- Name your new menu (example: Primary) and toggle the menu location.
- Click the Add Items button. A panel will expand showing the available items to add to your menu. Add our newly imported Elementor Pages.
- You will now have these pages in your menu. You may click and drag to reorder them as desired.
- You can also add Categories or other content related to your Kit by expanding the items.
- Create Sub-Menus by dragging the items under a parent item so they are slightly indented.
- Set the Menu Location primary and publish your menu.
Assign Menu To The Nav Menu Widget
You may now also need to assign your new menu to the Nav Menu widget. To do this, edit your Header template in the Theme Builder. From the Menu selector field, choose your newly created menu to assign it to the widget.
Note: If your Footer template uses a Nav Menu widget, you may use the steps above to create and assign an additional menu(s)to be used.
Note: Learn more about the Navigation Widget here.
Replace Demo Content
When importing your kit, be advised that Kits contain third-party images, videos, media, files, audio and other visual components. While we have the right to use them in our Kits Library, we cannot ensure that you may use them in your own product. Therefore, please replace or remove all above assets from your copy of the Kits.
Editing The Popups
If your Kit includes popups for contact forms, navigation, or other uses, you may locate these in the dashboard located in the Templates region.
You can add the Kit Popups to the icons or links by using the dynamic options. For more about popups click here.